Advantages of freeze | ice clamping
The sensitive parts are clamped without pressure – when clamping workpieces there is no risk of distortion or breakage.
Workpieces of any shape are firmly held in place (no more specific assemblies).
Also in each operation 5-axes machining is possible.
Any material can be clamped: metal, plastic, graphite, ceramics, honeycomb, fabric, neoprene, rubber.
Clamping with ice enables:
- Clamping without deformation
- Clamping of damageable workpieces without putting pressure onto them
- Clamping of smallest workpieces
For a metal workpiece the holding force of the freezing clamping plate is 150 N/cm².
100-150N/cm² with magnetic chuck and 10 N/cm² with vacuum clamping plate
>> High holding force
After release of the workpieces, the ice has the advantage that no residues are left on the workpiece
>> No residues on the workpiece
Construction and use
Construction of the freezing clamping plate:
- Freezing plate
- Temperature control
- Switch for freezing or unfreezing
- Compressed air connection
The compact and monoblock freezing clamping plates can be used very quickly:
- Connect the plate to the air supply (pure, dry air)
- Spray water on the freezing plate
- Place the workpiece on it
- Regulate the thermo switch
- Press the switch for freezing or unfreezing